The Annual Smoke on the Water festival and barbecue cook-off is held in downtown Washington and on the beautiful Washington waterfront, managed by the Washington Noon Rotary.
In addition to the barbecue cook-off other Smoke on the Water events include the Parade of Pigs, live music performances, Sky-diving demonstrations, a 5k Race, a Bed Race, BBQ & Chili Sales, Arts & Crafts, a Fire Truck Pulling Contest and much, much more. Click here for a complete schedule of events.
The Washington Noon Rotary Club is proud to announce its coordination and annual presentation of the Smoke on the Water festival to benefit a wide variety of local community initiatives like the Beaufort County Red Cross, the Boy’s & Girl’s Club and the Cancer Center, Ruth’s House, and the Blind Center to name a few.
The Washington Noon Rotary seeks to increase local awareness and participation, as well as contributing to the growth in tourism, sponsoring an event that positively impacts the local economy. We encourage you to get behind Smoke on the Water 2013 with your support.
- Smoke on the Water is an annual barbecue competition and fundraising event organized and managed by the Washington Noon Rotary.
- The Rotary distributes all of the net proceeds from the event to local charities.
- Barbecue chefs cook overnight and their barbecue is judged early Saturday morning.
- The barbecue from all the competitors is then chopped and sold to individuals on Saturday. Entertainment and exhibits are spread throughout the Washington waterfront and downtown area, creating a destination atmosphere whether families are barbecue fans or not.
- Sound Rivers is pleased to be a part of Smoke on the Water again this year, and provide on-the-water excitement to help bring more people to Washington and help the Noon Rotary raise even more money for local charities.
For more information about Smoke on the Water visit their site.